Do you have a stereotype about musicians and their life? We get up close with Neil Zaza to find out a little more about his journey as a guitarist, including his perspectives on some important things in life. Neil Zaza is coming to Singapore this June to do a Neil Zaza Live in Singapore show at Esplanade and a guitar workshop at SCAPE.
Here are the questions posed to Neil Zaza and some of his answers are refreshing surprises!
- How did you discover the guitar and decide that you want to be a guitarist?
- What were some of the sacrifices you made to pursue music?
- Was there an event in your music career when you felt it was pivotal? Why?
- What are some of the key factors that contribute to your success as a guitarist?
- What are some of your everyday disciplines and practice routines as a guitarist?
- Tell us about the most difficult period in your music career? How did you overcome it?
- What were some of the social pressures you face while pursing a career in music? How did you handle them?
- What does stability in life mean to you? How does your music career relate to your definition of stability?
- What is your advise to a young person who is aspiring to be a professional musician?
Q1: How did you discover the guitar and decide that you want to be a guitarist??
Find out what is the life changing epiphany for Neil Zaza when he not only chose guitar but HAD to play it.
Q2: What were some of the sacrifices you made to pursue music?
The commonly asked question about sacrifice is resolved for Neil Zaza by living what he love and living what he does. Find out more about his perspective on sacrifice.
Q3: Was there an event in your music career when you felt it was pivotal? Why?
The pivotal moment for Neil Zaza was not a huge stage or receiving a prestigious award but the one moment when he became addicted.
Q4: What are some of the key factors that contribute to your success as a guitarist?
Neil Zaza defines his success in its longevity, which is not an easy feat. Neil Zaza has been a professional guitarist since 1987, with almost 30 years of experience!
Q5: What are some of your everyday disciplines and practice routines as a guitarist?
A consistent and regimented practice schedule is a must for musicians but for someone who has paid his dues of over 10,000 hours quality practice in the early days, find out how Neil Zaza’s work day looks like.
Besides loving what you do, Neil Zaza touches on a deeper wisdom in sustaining your pursuit of music. Find out what what Neil Zaza means when he calls himself a “lifer”.
This simple yet revealing interview with Neil Zaza has shifted some stereotypes on musicians and guitarists. Neil Zaza’s single mindedness and positivity anchor him for the many storms that have taken out many on the same road. What are some of your struggles and your perspectives with regards to the areas mentioned in the interview?